Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 12: Transfer Calls/Storm Juno!!!

1.  Update on investigators and reactivation efforts:
Lori: we had to drop her this week....sad day! but we will continue to pray for her and for the lord to soften her heart so that she will want us to come teach her agian!
Michelle: She has been vacation in Florida for 3 weeks so we will hopefully see her this week
Dorothy Maguire: A less active who came to church for the first time on sunday in 15 years!!! Sister Blume and I Cried in the lobby at church! we have been working on her and it has been a huge blessing to see her at church.
Valorie Daniels: A less active who came to church again this week, and we are preparing her for the temple! 
Noreen Harlow: We are still trying to get her to church and continue to work with her and the WOW!

2.  Transfers--what is happening with them?  Who? What? When? Where?
new address please..
Sister Blume is going Sister Training Leader so she will be leaving me, I am staying in Sanford President Stoker gave me two options that could possibly happen at transfer Meeting on thursday,I will either stay as junior companion or i will be in another TRIO and i will train a new missionary and be CO-SENIOR companion, so we will find out at transfer meeting! SO NO ADDRESS CHANGES :)
 ( they were supposed to be on Tuesday but we have a HUGE snow storm headed our way tonight, so they have grounded all the missionaries to the appartments, and we are not allowed to be outside until the storm passes which should be on thursday.)

3.  How do you make contacts in your area?
We do something called "power hour" where we go out for an hour and do out ITL's (invitations to learn), so basically street contacting that is manditory for this mission.

4.  Funniest moment of the week?
 The APs(assistant to president) called us the night of transfer calls on saturday and asked sister blume to play the piano at transfer meeting, hahaha the funny part was we didnt know we were going to transfer meeting yet becasue president didnt call us yet for the transfer call...so the APs felt so bad! it was so funny!

5.  Favorite teaching moment?
Sister Blume and I are teaching the temple prep class for our ward and we have three less actives who are coming so we are so excited for that.

6.  What are your thoughts/feelings about your Mission President and his wife?
I LOVE PRESIDENT STOKER AND SISTER STOKER.....enough said...just kidding, they are amazing!!!! they remind me of my aunt and uncle (Joe and Darcy) they are just so cute! like newly weds all the time i love it! they do so much for this mission and for helpling me with my sick stuff and sleep problems. they are so christ like it scares me to be in their presence.//just kidding i love them!

7.  My favorite part of "finding or reactivation is"...

The testimony that it gives sister blume and I! its just amazing to see the atonement of jesus christ work right in front of you.
8.  The "Most Unexpected Moment" I had this week was...
TRANSFER CALLS....I though sister blume and I would have one more transfer together but oh well!
Rapid Fire:

1.  I laughed so hard when...
the APs called us and secretly told us we were headed to transfer meeting

2.  My ward is great because...
they make sure the missionaries are taken care of, and they provide the work for us here in Sanford.

3.  One way that Sister Blume and I are strengthening our companionship is...
We make sure that we know how much we love each other all the time, you have to have to have to love your companion, and serve her all the time, it helps with any contention that you have within the companionship

4.  The Spirit was so strong as....
when we pray for the inspiration needed for sanford and kennebunk!

5. One way I feel blessed as a missionary is..
We are set apart to do the lords work and to have the spirit with you all the time is just amazing!

6.  A goal I have for this upcoming week is..
to align my will with gods will, to become the missionary the lord has prepared me to be!

7.  I love learning new things everyday.  Today's "new thing" was...
The lord really does love me, and care for me, we are not alone, 88 thousand missionaries are serving all over the world to proclaim the good news, and he is proud of each and every one of us individually! i have felt the lords hand in my life as a missionary this week through my amazing companion sister Blume! she is just amazing! 

8.  3 things I am grateful for this week and why?
President Stoker: because he receives the revelation that is needed for this mission.
Sister Blume: for all that she did to train me as a misionary!
Priesthood: well we all know why ;)
Forever & Always,
         Sister Stuart (riley)

No comments:

Post a Comment