Saturday, November 1, 2014

MTC Week 2: Last Couple of Days

Hey family and friends, 

Today has been such an amazing opportunity to come closer to Jesus Christ, his love surrounds us each and every day, and little do we know how often the Holy Ghost really truely does keep us protected from the world. I know that through our faith in Jesus Christ we can know of a surity that our Heavenly Father loves us, and He loved us enough to atone for our sins and to sacrifice himself so that we can one day return to his presence.

Last night was a really difficult night, my companion and I were able to teach one of our investigators Sarah, she is actually from New Hampshire and she is attending BYU at the moment, but as we taught her the restoration and of the first vision, she became distant, and her attitude completely changed, we knew that the adversary was working hard on her, as well as my companion and i, the spirit was removed from the room and it was the most devistating feeling i have ever felt... we prayed to know what we should do to help her and we had an overwhelming feeling that we should not go back and teach her...it was the worst feeling in the world to feel that but i know that because the lord has a plan for her that this was the right decision.  (Students from BYU come over to the MTC for the missionaries to teach who take on roles, so this was Riley's scenario)

Anyway I only have one day left in the MTC and then ill be on a plane to New Hampshire, I have loved the expierence iIhave had in the MTC and my testimony has grown. I know that this is where I am supposed to be and that I have had a lot that I needed to learn for myself, We need to be truly converted to the Lord before we can witness true conversion with our investigators and I feel that I have really truely converted to my savior. I love you all so much and I know that through faith in Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice we can come to know him and if we follow the testimony of Thomas S Monson that we will have the strength and courage to do what he would have us do! 


I invite you to take a moment and thank your Heavenly Father for the blessing of having this gospel in our lives, and I promise that as you do this, you will witness and feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and I say this in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ, Amen!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH




Sister DeWidt and Sister Stuart

MTC GROUP 

Sister DeWidt and Stuart

Sister Dewidt and Sister Stuart
Sister DeWidt, Stuart, Bounforte, Merrell

Sister Stuart and Dewidt
Elder Burt from Toronto Canada









Got this email from her on the day she arrived in New Hampshire (Nov 3rd 2014)

hey the president just wanted me to let you know I made it safe to New Hampshire.  love you all so much ill talk to you next week!!!
New Missionaries to New Hampshire




No comments:

Post a Comment