Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 20: Obedience

Well, the sleeping patterns are still weird I try to do the things that have worked in the past but I find myself not getting up on time and exercising with my companion, so there is still things I need to work on with being diligent to the mission rules, I feel that I am progressing slowly, although I feel that I am more confident with Sister Harman, she doesn't know that she has helped me with some of my confidence problems, I just have a hard time talking to strangers, but she is such a great example of putting fear aside and just doing the lords work. Sister Harman is doing so well, she has been struggling with getting up and exercising as well but I am almost sure that it is because I don't get up either so this week a goal of mine is to be obedient to the rules and to work really hard to get up on time and to exercise so that I can do all that I can to help her out with her goal this week.

A blessing that I have experienced this week from living the Christ like attribute obedience is while I was studying Obedience in preach my gospel this week I studied the question, "why does the lord expect us to be diligent?" and I was reading in Moroni chapter 9 which is the second epistle of Mormon to his son Moroni, but verse 6 says to labor diligently, and if we do so, we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of god. I thought that was neat, I have been doing a lot of studying on diligence and obedience because I know that this is something that I often struggle with, but I came across my Mission call letter and as I was reading it I came across a paragraph that says, " The lord will reward you for the goodness of your life, Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the lord in this labor of love among his children." I have been looking for promised blessing that come from serving a mission because so many people ask we serve a mission and that we don't have to in order to be saved and so I thought it would be good to have a good answer the next time I was asked that question. I was reading in John chapter 4 verses 35 and 36 which read: " lift up your eyes and look on the fields for they are white already to harvest and he that reapeth receiveth wages and gathereth fruit unto life eternal that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together." so what I have learned from all of this is that I am do all that the lord asks of me including the things that are hard to do like getting up on time and exercising, even though it might sound silly but the small things are what help up accomplish the big things!! I am willing to work as hard as I can to receive all of these promised blessings that I have studied from being obedient.

The only area of concern is getting up on time and exercising with my companion. I will accountable to you next week on how that goes.

A highlight from 12 week this week was, we were practicing the restoration in 60 seconds and the invitation to baptism and right before we left the apartment we prayed for an opportunity to use what we had just practiced and 10 steps out the door was a woman with the name of Mary, we walked up to her and we told her about the restored gospel in 60 seconds and gave her a book of Mormon and asked her if she came to know that what we had shared was true would she follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority? and we read Moronis promise with her and she said "yeah I would be baptized if I came to know this was true" and we got her information and she is in the Elders area so we gave her to them. but it was amazing to see our hard work pay off!!

 our investigators:  Angel is finally gaining a testimony for herself which is fantastic to see the changes in her!
we had to semi-drop Judy, she wont get baptized until her son Is out of jail and it sounds like that might not ever happen..so we told her our purpose as missionaries and she understood, that was hard to do but it needed to happen.
and Brian we picked up this last week, taught the restoration and it was rough because he likes to dig into deeper doctrine so we are going to have to pray really hard to find ways to teach him in more simple ways than we already are.

I am getting along well sister Harman I LOVE HER TO DEATH!! I just got her permission to love her to death so no worries! ;) haha man she cracks me up her birthday is on Friday oh and zone conference is on Friday as well and its at the JSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO I love that place! mom her first name is Taylor!

so sister Harman and I were tracting this week I believe on Saturday and I
was driving down this dirt road and we looked up this long drive way and
saw this...



well CONGRATS TO COLE AND SAM AND ALEX AND SANDRA!!!!!!  I am so proud of all of you! I hope all is well and I have a ton of pictures for yall!!!!

THE OTHER SISTER STUART I NEED YOUR ADDRESS I HAVE LIKE 5 LETTERS FOR YOU GIRL!!

Elder Guinn from our Ward with Sister Stuart just before he came home


Forever & Always,
         Sister Stuart (riley)

No comments:

Post a Comment