Monday, December 15, 2014

GOOD MORING MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER well other than new Englanders! ;)

these are the elders who are in our area
Sister Blume, Stuart and Elder Petersen and McCain

SANFORD MISSIONARIES!! #kindofabigdeal
1.  Update on investigators?  Any new ones?  New members coming back
to church? Details on the baptisms. Rhea is doing really well, we had to move her baptismal date to the 20th because she failed to let us know that she had a drink of tea from her mom so we had to wait 14 days after the incident. Michelle is rheas mom, she isn't keeping her commitments so we are going to start at the fundamentals of the doctrine of Christ to see if that changes anything cause we don't want to drop her, so we are doing all we can to help her progress, Hannah is an RC, recent convert, we have been teaching her new member lessons and she is doing so well, I love to hear new converts pray it is so powerful. we are teaching a lot of less actives because our new mission vision Is to "RESCUE 1000 IN 2015" sister blume and I and I are so excited to be teaching these wonderful people!

2.  What was the BEST part of your week in the field?
the best part of the week was when we were at our district meeting... we have an hour lunch afterwards and all of the elders in our district and then sister blume and I literally quoted the entire movie NACHO LIBREA!!!! hahaha it was awesome I love our district!!

this is what happens during 12 week training at 8 at night...we get bored.

our nightly routines... were so cute :)


3.  Favorite scripture of the week and WHY?
the scripture of the week is Dallin Hunts mosiah 20:11 sister blume and I were praying the other night for ways to find new investigators and she came to me and said lets read this scripture and it was the one that my mom sent to me and it was dallins favorite missionary scripture so I started to cry and told her about the whole expierence and I told her the phrase "fight like a dragon" and we both cried and then that became our goal this whole month is to "FIGHT LIKE A DRAGON" to go out and to find those the lord has prepared for us to teach! man the church is true! (that's for you uncle larry)

 4.  Best service opportunity this week?
this week we had the opportunity to work with santa bills workshop, they do a workshop where families donate all of their old things they don't want or use anymore and they have the people who don't qualify for toys for tots or the salvation army, to come and do their "Christmas shopping" for their children and It was such an amazing experience to be apart of, to see the less fortunate people come and are able to have a Christmas for their families, it broke my heart to see how many people are having a hard time with Christmas, I am so grateful to know that jesus Christ is the spirit of Christmas!

5.  In what ways do you feel you have grown the most since being out
in the field. I am not a shy person hahah I talk to random people I don't even know and im pretty sure they think im crazy! its so funny to see the looks on their faces ahaha! I have for sure noticed the confidence that I have for myself and for sister blume, our district gave us a hash tag name! its #KindofaBigdeal so now we say it all the time, sisters are pretty cool!

6.  How are the 12 days of Christmas going?
great! we love it, I reminds me of when we did it back home, sister blume hid the other package cause I really wanted to open It but I cant find it anywhere...yeah shes pretty awesome!!!
Another kid drawn to Sister Stuart, he loves DC Comics



 Rapid Fire

1.  Weirdest food eaten this week or coolest place went to eat?
weirdest thing I ate this week was haddock!! its a white fish but guess what I LOVED IT!!!!! man the sea food out here Is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yall know me and I think im kind of in love with fresh sea food! oh and I had lobster at the farrers home for dinner last night, they are a wealthier family in our ward, they live right by the ocean its pretty.

 kyle douglass sent me a package that contained 1 piece of every single kind  of candy that smith and Edwards has


2.  STRONGEST testimony-strengthening experience of the week was....
when I was the one who extended the baptismal invitation to rheas mom, the spirit was so strong and I don't even remember what I said... I knew that the spirit was speaking through me! it was so cool!

 3.  The "MOST unexpected moment" I had this week was....
when the elders in our area got transfer calls.....that was sad elder Petersen in leaving us and becoming district leader in Vermont (lamoyal)

 4.  My companion and I bonded over....
oh man.... a lot of things...she reminds me so much of my sister!! (toni) it is mind blowing!

Sister Blume and one of her Funny Faces

Taylor Swift how cool


5.  This Holiday day season--what do you want people/family to know most of all?
THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE GIFT OF CHRISTMAS PLEASE VISTIT CHRISTMAS.MORMON.ORG! DISCOVER THE GIFT, EMBRACE THE GIFT AND THEN SHARE THE GIFT!!!



Forever & Always,
         Sister Stuart (riley)

No comments:

Post a Comment