Monday, December 1, 2014

HOLA WORLD


Welcome to Maine


1.  Update on current investigators?  Any new ones?​
here in Kennebunk we only have two at the moment and one of them has a baptismal date on December 13 

2.  Tell us everything about your new companion--name, where she is from, how long out,  so she will be training you?  (Take a picture)
I am loving it here in Kennebunk, Maine  as you know I was transferred here because sister bounforte who was in the mtc with me got really home sick and felt she had other things to do in her life as a 24 year old, Sister Blume is my new companion she is from Clinton, Utah her family just moved to Hooper though her parents are Trent and Rebekah Blume, they have 6 children and two were adopted, she graduated form Clearfield High School in 2013 and took a couple classes at WSU. this week has ben amazing, Sister Blume has such a big heart and loves anyone she comes in contact with, and we work really well together! she has been out 8 months and she will be training me for the next 9 weeks!

Sister Blume and Sister Stuart

3.  Tell us about the area you are serving in?
I am in Kennebunk, Maine and its the cutest town, we just went to the tree lighting with some members in the ward, we have a set of elders and sisters as well as sister blume and I in the area, we are all kind of a big deal ;)


4.  Favorite Companionship study this week? HE IS THEH GIFT!
we studied the new Christmas video on Christmas.mormon.org Is amazing please go and watch it and #sharethegift

5.  The funniest thing (spare not details) that happened this week.
haha the Zone leaders and District leaders called us the moment they knew that there was a new sister in the area and sister blume told them I was kind of a big deal and they said well she has a spot on the pride bus we will roll out the red carpets and send the limo right over, there are some shades in there for ya! haha it was soooo funny! 

Thanksgiving Dinner--It was good we knocked doors all morning and then had THREE whole Thanksgiving meals that same night.  It was the most food I have ever eaten.  I was so sick afterwards, haha. 

6.  The most challenging thing this week.
getting transferred, I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest, 

7.  What did you do to overcome that challenge?
I called president stoker and told him I was having a hard time so he drove all the way to maine to give me a blessing and pray with me.

8.  I felt the spirit the strongest this week when...
president stoker knelt in prayer with me and my new companion 

9.  Now that it is getting cold--how do you do tracting?
we never stop the work of the lord so we still go out walking on the streets and knocking doors! 
First Snow Storm in Kennebunk

10.  Tell me about something you learned about Yourself this week?
that I am Ridiculously Bold and confident when it comes to teaching the gospel, I love how passionate I am when I teach, but that's only because I have a wonderful companion who has my back I love her!

Rapid Fire:

1.  You had an emergency transfer--how did you get there?  Were you able to get everything back into your luggage?  (Remember you have extenders on a few pieces)  we drove to the mission office and did a mini transfer meeting and then we drove 2 hours back to maine, oh trust me  I was jumping up and down on my luggage to get it all to fit haha it was funny, btw my handles broke in the MTC the elders were a little tough with them when they helpled me load them in the busses so I have no handles on all my luggage..sorry mommy I love you ;)

2.  Favorite sight seeing moment (what you get to look at each day)
the city is beautiful it like off of a cute hallmark Christmas movie



3.  I laughed so hard when...
sister blume burped on accident and I belched back to her and she hugged me cause she loves burping...man the lord really knows me :)

4.  I am happiest when..
I can see the atonement of our savior jesus Christ change people lives right in front of ,me

5.  I couldn't believe it when..
I was in Maine cause that was my guess for my misson call opening!

6.  Something that touched my heart immensely this week was...
when president stoker told me that my heart and smile was going to bless the lives of Maine because he had a different place for me to go but the lord told him no, she needs to be in Kennebunk, that really toughed my heart when he told me that the lord told him that I am supposed to be here in Kennebunk maine! I love the Mainers

7.  My favorite scripture this week is...
 D&C 88:80 it tells me in my patriarchal blessing to look at this from time to time so I did and is says: " That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission which I have commissioned you." it helped me realize that I have a purpose as a missionary 

8.  My favorite part of the teaching process is...
The KNOW FEEL DO, we us it to help us plan our discussions, what we want our investigators to KNOW at the end of the lesson, what they need to feel in order to know that what we are teaching is true, and what we are going to have them DO (invitations or commitments) in order to know that this is what the lords wants them to know.

9.  I am learning new things everyday.   Today's new things was... that I am NOT inadequate, and that I am truly converted to the work and to the lord.

10.  I felt so blessed this week when..
I woke up yesterday knowing that I was going to church to partake of the sacrament, it means so much more to me as a missionary then it did back home, I am grateful for that.  I wish I was able to hold my parents in my arms when I am having a hard day but I feel your prayers so thank you!

Forever & Always,
         Sister Stuart (riley)

No comments:

Post a Comment