Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 8

1.  Update on investigators, reactivation, new member discussions?
Michelle-she told us that she wants to take a step back from her discussions so not really sure what is going on with her at the moment but we will always continue to meet with her cause she is Rheas mom! hehe ;) we taught 13 less actives this week and we are hoping that they all come to church this coming week, only 2 came this last week, and new member lessons are going really well with Rhea, she loves having the spirit with her she notices a big difference with her life and teaching stlyes by the way shes a school teacher!

2.  What has your mission president been doing to inspire the mission?
 What do you love about your mission president? President Stoker came to our Zone meeting that we had on Christmas eve and shared a brief message and then he talked to us individually and just let us know what our strengths are and why he needs them in this mission! I LOVE president because he has such a big heart, he is a convert himself, he was a Baptist and says that Baptists make the best Mormons...haha hes so funny, he was a convert of a year and then served a mission, he is like our dad our here, our mission parents, they take so good care of all of us and he is aware of our trials and does all that he can to help us on this crazy journey called LIFE!

 3.  When was the last time you saw an answer to prayer?
the last time I saw an answer to my prayer was when sister blume and I were praying to know what to do after p day was over last week, we felt that we should walk main street and so we did and we had so many opportunities to talk to people and invite them to learn, it was amazing to see that with the faith that we have in our savior, he will bless us according to the work that we put forth.

4.  What has been your favorite Pday activity so far?  What are you
doing for PDay today? How and where do you do laundry?  Have you
washed your sheets lately?
my favorite pday so far was with our district, we had a nerf gun war and played volleyball, we are deep cleaning the apartment today and hopefully having a lunch with some less actives, not too much fun planned for the day sister blume and I have been sick for the past two weeks and so we need to disinfect the apartment, we do laundry in the local laundry mat, its like 2 dollars per load and we usually have three loads, but if we cant afford the laundry mat we use the bath tub...and a cookie rack as a wash board... yeah were old school!  yes I clean my sheets every week, that's why we have 2 sets so we can have a set while we clean a set, goodness mom I love you!
:)

 5.  What are some of the local sayings and interesting things people
say in your area? so everyone puts an "r" at the end of a word that ends in the "A" sound so when we read the  BOM they say things like mosiaher and zedekiaher  or the bishop his name is bishop shaw but they say shar and arear and lawr and they say door yard instead of drive way, and they always say "you cant get there from here" cause all the roads are paved according to cattle trails, so not a single road connects to any other road its so weird... and they say "a couple three miles" its like a foreign country here in new England and they all say "im all set" which means im good or im ok thanks though its just the nice way that people turn you down.

6.  Who has been your favorite person you contacted this week?
MY FAMILY!!! it was so good to see them all and I made my mom cry so that was cool! my brothers were there as well so that was nice to see them, it was weird seeing them and talking to them but I really enjoyed the time that was spent with them, its so weird the world did not stop spinning when I left, they have lives too hahah ;)

well the year of 2014 has been a great one I wish you all the best and I send my love and best wishes to all of you....**Christmas was a daze...cause we were high on the SPIRIT!!!!!!!!! that's why I look so funny :) 


 7.  Do you have a goal set for this week?  What is it.
a goal for this week is nephis courage. which is we are out of the apartment from 9 am to 9 pm doing the lords work, we do not come home until we have found a new investigator  (well we wont stay out passed curfew but yall know what I mean)

 8.  Favorite scripture this week?
favorite scripture this week was Alma chapter 1 verse 26 and 27  its all about service and helping others and to not be selfish

 9.  Favorite moment this week?
favorite moment this week was when we spent Christmas with the members of the ward, we had Christmas with 3 families and then we did service at an assisted living in Kennebunk where we live that was neat.

we had Christmas dinner with rhea our recent convert and she got ipad cases for sister blume and I that say "im kind of a big deal" this is me and her daughter violet


we had Christmas dinner with rhea our recent convert and she got ipad cases for sister blume and I that say "im kind of a big deal" this is me and her daughter violet


 10.  How was your walk with the Savior this week?
it went by too fast, I always wish I have more time with my savior, but the time that I did have with him was precious and sacred he helps me through all that I struggle with and I am so grateful for that.
 
 
 
 
 
*** skyping was awesome I loved it, it wasn't hard after wards, cause we keep ourselves busy we don't give our selves time to think about home which helps a lot, thank you for all the gifts that were sent I loved it all and for the love and prayers, I am so grateful to be a missionary it brings so much peace and joy to my heart, each and everyday I strive to become the missionary that the lord has prepared me to be! love you all so much!!
Forever & Always,
         Sister Stuart (riley)

No comments:

Post a Comment